Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The Bettelli Buzz Vol. 7 Feb. 17, 2016

Another adventurous week comes to a close. Last week I was working in Pennsylvania. This was my first time ever to visit this state, and once again it snowed most of the time we were there.


It was a winter wonderland. 
Most of the areas we worked in were characterized by the Amish and Mennonite communities. It was common to pass my Amish horse and buggy since most of them don't drive cars.


We met some great people who love the Lord and really love Focus on the Family. Some of the families we met shared their personal testimonies of how Focus helped them through some very dark and difficult times. 

The rep I was training with loved to stop at old book stores or thrift shops to look for theology when we had some free time. 

I found this "gem" in one of the stores...

I thought it was interesting because it was written when Hilary was the First Lady and it was dedicated to Eleanor Roosevelt. 

I flew back to Colorado Springs Thursday night and had meetings all day Friday.

On Saturday, I went to check out the housing market in Colorado Springs.I saw some nice homes.

In the process I stopped for my very first Caribou Coffee. 


My Turtle Mocha was delicious! 

On Sunday I got to visit a two churches. First I went to the local A29 church called Westside Church, and then I visited Village Seven Presbyterian Church...come to find out, Village 7 planted Westside. 


Village 7 is not a small church, but it wasn't as big as another I had recently visited. I have never been a Presbyterian, but who knows...The worship was solid, the preaching was solid...I'll go back next week to learn more about the children's ministry. 

My wife comes to visit me this week! I can't wait!

Here are some articles to pay attention to from last week.







Here is your book buzz: The Perspectives series is on sale for $2.99 each.
Perspectives on the Sabbath
Perspectives on the Ending of Mark
Perspectives on Your Child’s Education
Perspectives on Family Ministry
Perspectives on the Doctrine of God
Perspectives on Election
Perspectives on Church Government;
Perspectives on Children’s Spiritual Formation
Perspectives on Spirit Baptism
Perspectives on Tithing
Perspectives on Christian Worship
Perspectives on the Extend of the Atonement
Perspectives on Our Struggle With Sin.
The Glory of Heaven by John MacArthur $2.99
Truth Endures by John MacArthur $2.99
The MacArthur Study Bible by John MacArthur $4.99
What Happens After I Die? by Michael Rogers $2.99
Heaven by Christopher Morgan $2.99
The Allegory of Love by C.S. Lewis $1.99
Saved by Grace by John Bunyan $.99


No comments: