Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Knit Together in My Mother's Womb

My favorite Scripture passage is Psalm 139:13-16. Why you ask? Well, this passage tells us that God is not absent from our lives as the deists would have us believe. God has a very intimate and personal role in who we are and desires to be involved in our personal life.


"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them."


How amazing to know that we were "knitted" together by God. Have you ever seen a person knit? It is a very time consuming process. People that knit put a lot of time and effort into what they are doing. These people take pride in their work. You see people knitting in coffee shops or in groups, and you see them blog about the specific designs they put together. 


This tells me that God specifically designed us...from our looks, to our personality. He has a specific plan for our lives and he has designed us for that plan. 


My wife just had a 4D ultrasound today. Below is the first picture of my daughter's face. Isn't she cute?



God is forming my little girl, inside and out. He is uniquely designing her for his very special plan.


So what's the point?  The point is that knowing God is personally involved in forming who we are and planning our lives tells me that He cares for us more than we can imagine. 


There are times when we feel insecure, lonely, vulnerable because of something that has happened in our lives. There are times when we doubt our self worth, or have a hard time trusting that God has our best in mind. 


Remember that you were made in His Image (Gen. 1) and His Hands formed you in your mother's womb. You are fearfully and wonderfully made. 


Our self-worth doesn't come from our achievements, our wealth, or even our relationships in this world, it comes from a God who cares so much about us that he was there designing us before we were born. 

No comments: